Wednesday 9 May 2012

He Is Our Shepherd and We Are His Sheep

He Is Our Shepherd and We Are His Sheep


Today in Guernsey is Liberation Day, the day when 67 years ago the Channel Islands were freed. Every Guern celebrates Lib Day with huge enthusiasm. There was a lot going on today and I just love how the day brings everyone together.

Along with my dad and brother, I went for a walk around St Saviours and the reservoir. It is a beautiful but tiring walk. Towards the end of the walk we came to a field full of sheep and lambs. Luckily I managed to capture some amazing shots of them, like the one above. Seeing all these sheep reminded me of Psalm 23:

"The Lord is my shepherd, 

I shall not want; 
He makes me lie down in green pastures. 
He leads me beside still waters; 
He restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness 
for His name's sake. 
Even though I walk through the valley 
of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil; 
for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
all the days of my life; 
and I shall dwell in the house of the 
Lord forever."
I love this passage, as do many people. It was read at my nanny's funeral. It's just so comforting. It reminds me that God is with me and protecting me, therefore "I fear no evil". Who are we to fear when we have the Mighty God leading us?!

There is also another verse which is incredible and just makes me feel so safe:


"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11
Even though sometimes we don't feel it, God is holding us close to his heart, He loves us and just wants to care for us. We need to put our trust in him totally. I know in the past few weeks that this has been particularly hard for me but I know that He is the Way and that He loves me very much. 

God Bless 

2 comments:

  1. read all your blogs so far and they have all been awesome :) keep this up, you are very caring and it is obvious that you love God so much despite everything. Another verse I really like is Isaiah 61 v1-11, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete