Tuesday 8 May 2012

Friends Are A Gift From God



"I'll be your friend for a lifetime

Against the wind and the rain of every season

Won't walk away in the hard times

I will be your friend

I'm saying I will be your friend."

I Will Be Your Friend - Michael W. Smith







Today I had an awesome time with my friend Leah from Australia. She's been over for the past 4 weeks along with her family. I've had some amazing times with her but sadly she's leaving on Thursday. I wanted to do something special with her before she went, so we walked down to Fermain, had an ice cream and came  back to mine for Chinese and a film. But it went quickly and too soon I had to say goodbye with a tear in my eye. I won't see her for another 2 years or so and will miss her heaps! Leah is an incredible friend and I am truly grateful to God for bringing us together. She's my sister and I love her to bits!

Proverbs 20:6 says: 

"Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?"

What this is saying is that good friends are hard to find. I believe that God brings each and every person we encounter into our lives for a reason. Whether that is encouragement, comfort, guidance, love, friendship or to learn, it is all planned by God. He works through people to speak to us and show us the right way to go. I have some brilliant friends who love me and want the best for me. I know for certain that God bought them into my life to help me. Through my struggles with grieving, depression and anxiety I can always count that someone will be there for me. Although sometimes I don't feel like speaking I just love knowing that they are there!

I have an amazing friend in Leah and have truly been blessed to have her in my life! It's just a shame that we live so far away but that just strengthens our friendship! 

And of course God is always our Friend. He's our Best Friend and we can always count on Him to be there to listen to us and comfort us. 

My challenge to you is to go up to one of your friends and just tell them how much you aprecciate them and how much they mean to you. It will make both of your days special!

Thank you to all my friends and thank you Leah for just being you! For being awesome and an amazing friend, I love you loads and will miss you soooo much!!!

Thought this video was perfect for this post, hope you like it <3

God Bless



3 comments:

  1. Friends are friends forever,
    If the Lord's the Lord of them,
    And a friend will not say never,
    Cos a lifetime will not end.
    Though it's hard to let you go,
    In the Father's hands we know,
    That a lifetime's not too long...
    To live as friends.

    Lovely blog Sarah x Linda x
    Michael W Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I love this!!
      Michael W Smith is awesome!
      Thank you
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love this, and couldn't agree more! I have missed seeing Leah as have family over and went off to Jersey with them on Sunday lunchtime - you are right, she is special!

    ReplyDelete